TransformDojo and Our Members
You Agree To...
1. Attend Classes
If you don't show up, that is on you. We are here waiting with baited breath to work with you.
2. Only use what is taught when it is needed.
It is fun to use on your friends and family until you accidently hurt them and they hate you forever because of it.
3. Give, both good and bad feedback
We can only improve when our members tell us what we are doing poorly and what we should never stop doing.
4. Pay on time.
TransformDojo is better when our time is spent teaching and training. Please don't make us waste it by going on a treasure hunt for what you owe.
5. Give 30 days notice when cancelling your membership.
This time will let us make the changes required to adapt to not seeing your beautiful, handsome face anymore.
We Agree To...
1. Have Classes available.
We will cancel on holidays and such but you will always have classes to attend.
2. Teach you in a Safe, Fun environment.
Our instructors work hard to make sure that you are safe first, you enjoy training second, and make progress toward your goals.
3. Listen actively.
We can be a little slow witted sometimes, so forgive us if don't enact your wonderful idea right away. It may take time to figure out the logistics.
4. Strive to wow you at every point possible.
We will do everything we can think of to make you feel like you should be paying more for all the value you are getting.
5. Never raise your tuition.
As long as you continue your membership, Your price will never increase, EVER.
The Legal Version
Legalese if you will
NOTICE TO BUYER: DO NOT SIGN THIS CONTRACT UNTIL YOU HAVE READ ALL OF IT. ALSO, DO NOT SIGN THIS CONTRACT IF IT CONTAINS ANY BLANK SPACES.
Membership Terms & Conditions
- Failure to attend class does not signify or imply notification to cancel this agreement.
- Member's failure to continue lessons during the notification or program period does not relieve the obligation to pay the remaining tuition balance in full.
- Undersigned assumes all responsibility for any costs of collection, including but not limited to reasonable collection agency fees, court costs, reasonable attorney's fees, and applicable late charges, that may be incurred for default payments.
- TransformDojo Administrators may make any modifications in the class schedule as deemed necessary. Such modification does not relieve the undersigned of their payment obligations under any circumstances.
- TransformDojo Administrators may close the school on national holidays, for the purpose of special events and a period not exceeding three weeks per year for necessary maintenance and other purposes without affecting scheduled tuition payments.
- TransformDojo Administrators and those acting under its authority reserve the right to use photographs, videotapes, artwork or other likeness of the member for marketing, trade, publishing or any other lawful purpose.
- Full payment of tuition fees does not guarantee belt certification by TransformDojo Administrators.
- Membership is non-cancel-able and non-transferable except as stated herein.
- Member's failure to attend scheduled lessons relieves the obligation of the school to provide lessons after the program's end date.
- Undersigned authorizes the use of a disclosed e-mail address for billing purposes and acknowledges that e-mail text may include financial information pertaining to the membership.
- All memberships are ongoing and can be cancelled at any time with a 30 day written notice. Notice can be mailed, preferably by certified or registered letter, or the member may cancel this agreement by delivering notice in person. If such notice is hand delivered, the member shall be entitled to a receipt. Membership is cancel-able for any reason, and leaves no further obligation to the seller. The member retains full membership rights and privileges until the notification period expires.
- This agreement may be cancelled for any reason without penalty or further obligation within 3 days from the date of this agreement. Cancellation shall be made by mail or in person and in writing to TransformDojo LLC. All money paid by you shall be refunded by the school within 30 days of receipt of this notice of cancellation.
Buyer's Rights. –
- Every seller of a martial arts instruction term or monthly contract shall:
(a) Refund to the buyer the pro rata cost of any unused services, within 15 days after request therefor, if:
(1) The buyer is unable to receive benefits from the seller's services by reason of death, disability, or extended illness beyond 3 months. The martial arts school may require that the disability or extended illness be confirmed by an examination of a physician agreeable to the member and the martial arts school, provided, however, that this subparagraph shall not operate to prevent the buyer from proving the disability in a judicial proceeding.
(2) The seller relocates the facility more than 8 miles from its present location, or the services provided by the seller are materially impaired.
(3) The buyer moves more than 25 miles away from the martial arts school.
(b) Refund to the buyer the pro rata cost of any unused services within 15 days after the martial arts school ceases operation.
- Upon the occurrence of any of the circumstances enumerated in subparagraphs I(a) or (b) of this section, the buyer or the buyer's estate shall be relieved of any further obligation for payment under the contract not then due and owing.
STATE LAW REQUIRES THAT THIS MARTIAL ARTS SCHOOL REGISTER WITH THE BUREAU OF CONSUMER PROTECTION AND ANTI TRUST OF THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE AND MAY REQUIRE THAT THIS MARTIAL ARTS SCHOOL POST A BOND TO PROTECT CUSTOMERS WHO PAY IN ADVANCE FOR MEMBERSHIP OR SERVICES IN THE EVENT THIS MARTIAL ARTS SCHOOL CLOSES. YOU SHOULD ASK TO SEE EVIDENCE THAT THIS MARTIAL ARTS SCHOOL HAS EITHER POSTED A BOND IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAW OR HAS BEEN EXEMPTED FROM THIS REQUIREMENT BY THE ATTORNEY GENERAL BEFORE YOU SIGN THIS CONTRACT. IF THEIS MARTIAL ARTS SCHOOL HAS NOT POSTED SUCH A BOND, AND YOU PAY THIS MARTIAL ARTS SCHOOL FOR MORE THAN ONE MONTH'S MEMBERSHIP OR SERVICES IN ADVANCED, THEN YOU ARE PAYING FOR FUTURE SERVICES, AND YOU MAY BE RISKING THE LOSS OF YOU MONEY IN THE EVENT THAT THE MARTIAL ARTS SCHOOL CEASES TO CONDUCT BUSINESS.
I agree to act responsible with the techniques that will be taught at TransformDojo LLC. Under no circumstances shall the information learned be used outside the school unless required for self-defense.
YOU MAY CANCEL THIS TRANSACTION IN WRITING ANY TIME PRIOR TO MIDNIGHT OF THE THIRD BUSINESS DAY AFTER THE DATE OF THIS TRANSACTION.